FREELANCE GRAPHIC DESIGNER
What makes the Graphic Designer role so exciting at MWV is the opportunity to put your creative talents to work on a wide variety of projects. But strong design skills are only part of the equation. Equally important is a strong focus on quality and accuracy. You will be responsible for ensuring the projects you work on meet specifications and that your files are stored and categorized in an orderly fashion. And of course, maintaining a positive attitude in a deadline-oriented environment is a must!
At MWV, we manufacture and market the most trusted brands in school supplies, office products, and planning and organizing tools, including Mead®, Five Star®, Trapper Keeper®, AT-A-GLANCE®, Cambridge®, Day Runner® and AMCAL® brands. We are committed to helping companies, students, teachers, parents and business professionals organize, create, communicate and learn. To learn more about MWV, please visit «old link». MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is an in-house position only, located in Kettering, Ohio.
Must have personal attributes:
• Passion for excellence in production as well as design.
• Ability to jump in, contribute and be a team player
• Sharp attention to detail and consistency
• Self-driven, able to work independently, as well as follow creative direction
• Enjoy fast paced work environment
• Eager to learn
Must have technical skills:
• Associate's degree with equivalent experience is required. Bachelor's degree in graphic design is preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years graphic design experience, including experience with printed product design
• Background with consumer products preferred
• Experience using Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills in a Mac-based environment
• High level of creativity and innovation demonstrated through past work (portfolio review is part of interview process)
• Ability to organize and manage projects and work efficiently in a deadline-driven environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to coordinate with internal
• Create designs that hit target audience and creative objectives
• Work within a styleguide as necessary
• Publishing experience a plus
• Illustration experience a plus