FREELANCE CAMERA OPERATOR
Candidate must have minimum 1 year experience in Studio operations in a live production environment with demonstrated ability in camera operations. Must have basic understanding of Camera equipment including:
- Pedestals (locks, drags, and steering controls)
- Lenses (understanding of iris, zoom and focus controls)
- Viewfinders (contrast and brightness controls and electronic targeting functions)
- Hand Held Cameras (ability to operate as hand held and to assemble/build to studio configuration)
- Jib (understanding of basic jib configuration and operational concepts)
- Robotics (understanding of robotic systems and basic operational techniques).
Must have demonstrated ability to frame, focus, and zoom while tracking focus, and ability to dolly, ped, and truck pedestals. Must have an understanding of lighting concepts and equipment, and should understand principles of video operations, including white balancing, shading and color correction. Camera operators will be trained in basic knowledge of shows (including: camera positions, camera and video patching and set/prop configurations). Must have active participation in setting up and breaking down a show. Camera operators should have a positive can do attitude and be able to work all shifts in a 24-hour breaking news environment.