MANAGING EDITOR, CHANGE.ORG
«old link» is hiring a new Managing Editor to lead and expand our rapidly growing social action blog network.
In October 2008, «old link» launched a blog network for social issues that has grown to more than 1 million monthly visitors and 20 bloggers in its first 6 months. The Managing Editor’s role will be to take «old link»’s content strategy to the next level -- significantly expanding our team of bloggers, defining the site’s editorial voice, and building «old link» into the leading destination online for issue-based news, commentary, and action.
We are looking for someone who has experience in new media, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and is passionate about using the web to both inform and inspire people to take action. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience, and our entire team is spread across the country (primarily in SF, NYC and DC), so telecommuting is an option.
The Managing Editor will:
- Establish and maintain site-wide content strategy and editorial tone;
- Manage a growing team of more than 20 bloggers, maintaining regular communication and editorial oversight and providing advice on everything from headlines to writing topics (little copy editing is required – all bloggers publish content immediately without going through an editorial process);
- Recruit and hire additional bloggers to expand existing blogs and launch more than a dozen new blogs in the next year (possible new categories include global poverty, racism, the environment, corporate corruption, human rights, etc);
- Maintain and expand relationships with advocacy groups, other online media organizations and the press;
- Oversee strategy for marketing «old link»’s blogs through relationships with other bloggers and use of social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and Digg;
- Help craft overall company strategy with «old link»’s management team and advise special projects like «old link»’s ‛Ideas for Change in America“ competition.
«old link» is a social entrepreneurship company passionate about using social media for social change and supported by more than 4000 nonprofit members. The Managing Editor will immediately have significant influence over the future vision of «old link» and will work directly with «old link»’s CEO on a daily basis to turn that vision into reality.
To apply, send a brief introduction and resume to Ben at firstname.lastname@example.org.