FREELANCE WEB/PRINT DESIGN ASSISTANT
The Web/Print Design Assistant will provide support to the Graphic Design Manager; the responsibilities of the job consist of approximately 80% front end web design and coding work and 20% print design (selling tool creation, scanning, in-house production work).
Responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for updating the company website three times per year (each season) and working in tandem with our team in our China office to execute.
• Works with Design Manager to select appropriate e-commerce photos monthly and coordinates with outside Retouchers to achieve high end results.
• Assists with the design of multiple weekly email blasts.
• Executes monthly website updates to headers and product shots.
• Executes monthly catalog image updates to website.
• Assists in the brands definition and expansion of the company’s internet footprint.
• Designs all online advertising, working with outside vendors.
• Implements any color corrections to e-commerce photos when needed, ensuring consistency across website.
• Assists with selling tools, retouching, and other marketing collateral when needed.
• Maintains editorial image library, scanning new features as they come in.
• Maintains web image library.
• College degree in related field strongly preferred.
• 3+ years of industry experience designing/creating content in web-based technologies.
• Expert level use of Adobe CS5 applications (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign).
• In-depth working knowledge of HTML, CSS and Flash, with PHP a plus.
• Must have experience with front-end design as well as the ability to build web content.
• Ability to deliver pixel perfect assets, anticipating HTML/CSS issues along the way.
• A meticulous eye for detail and color.
• Must be able to design within the constraints of the brand identity.
• Must be able to maintain consistency of design in each scenario.
• Must have experience working in the fashion and/or luxury industries.
• Must submit resume with rate requirements with link to portfolio in order to be considered.
• Must have outstanding portfolio that showcases a keen sense of typography as well as cutting edge technical skills.