SOMEONE WHO CAN WRITE
I need someone who can write about trucks in New Zealand.
Specifically the articles will be about truckbodies and truck trailers, focusing on such aspects as construction of and materials used in truckbodies, manufacturers of trailers, axles, suspension, brakes, lights, cranes, tail lifters. We are interested in writing about new products on the markets, innovations, company news etc.
I will supply briefs, contact details etc.
Some mechanical or vehicle knowledge would be an asset; the ability to write with authority about the subject is vital.
There would be regular work available for the successful person.
Author: Andy Morris
Category: Mobile platform - Windows Mobile
FREELANCE FLASH DEVELOPER JOB POSTING
An advanced knowledge of Flash MX and Actionscript 3.0 as well as demonstrated abilities in such areas as:
• Understanding of good design principles and ability work with existing complex design specifications during implementation
Image/animation size optimization
• XML data import
• Object-oriented development
• Experience with PHP for dynamic web page development
• Experience with XML: XSLT, DTD or Schema modeling, DOM/XPath/SAX parsing
• Exposure to portal server products or content management systems (CMS)
• User Interface Design, Information Architecture, graphic design experience a plus
• Experience developing and testing across multiple browsers, platforms and fixing cross browser/platform issues
• Demonstrated ability to accurately estimate and scope development work
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong written & oral communication skills
3+ years experience as a Flash Developer
This is an existing project on which the current Flash developer can no longer provide services but will provide transition support.
This is a contract position expected to last a minimum of 3 to 6 months with ongoing support and maintenance work most likely; potential for contract to hire.
Please send portfolio link with project descriptions. References will be required.
Author: Freelance Flash Developer
Category: Flash - Intros and Screensavers
FREELANCE FRONT-END WEB DEVELOPER
Here at Schematic we believe that creating digital destinations people actually want to engage with is the best way to help our clients forge meaningful and lasting relationships with their customers.
We partner with world-class organizations such as ABC, BMW, Dell, GE, Microsoft, Nokia, Scholastic, and Target. Our sweet spot is redefining how people interact with companies, and each other, through technology.
Of course none of this would be possible without the talented designers, strategists and technologists who make up the Schematic family.
* Hand-code semantic, standards-
compliant XHTML and CSS
* Hand-code DOM-based, object-
have experience with
* Understand how to develop
interfaces that comply with
* Possess a keen eye for IA, design
(this is not a design position,
however), and usability
* Enjoy working in a collaborative
environment with PMs, software
developers, and interface and UX
* Be detail-oriented in all facets of
work, from code to communications
* Be self-sufficient, taking
ownership of work assigned
FRONT END DEVELOPER
As a part of our Creative Department, the Front End Developer will work closely with designers to hand code websites and landing pages based from Photoshop files using HTML/XHTML, CSS, and JS. This position requires excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task on multiple projects at the same time. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Iconic Labs is a next generation consumer product company focused in the creation and distribution of high-quality, health & beauty brands.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
Follow procedures that have been put in place to implement API, JS, etc.
Performing Q.C. testing on new and existing page
Adhering to Web development best practices and ongoing changes in the interactive development space
Proper technical documentation of performed work
Working closely with the design team to meet deadlines
Demonstrate excellent problem-solving and communication skills
Average to deep knowledge of web and email marketing best practices
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
3+ years of real-world experience
Technical Experience Required:
HTML/XHTML (Hand Code)
CSS (Hand Code)
JS (Working Knowledge)
Submission of resume and work samples required. No calls. No recruiters.
Category: Web Development - Web design and Redisign
FREELANCE WEB DESIGNER/DEVELOPER
Oak is looking for a freelance web designer/developer to perform ongoing work (offsite, but preferably from New York). We are a new company focused on creating innovative web applications and web sites. We are looking for someone with fresh thinking, good communication, and amazing skills in one or more of the following:
Layout (Photoshop, etc)
PHP, or other programming skills
Please e-mail a link to your online portfolio and links to a few websites you’ve designed, along with your rates.
Applicant must be a U.S. resident.
Author: Oak Studios
Category: Web Development - Web design and Redisign
MOBILE UX DESIGNER (UXD)
24 Seven is the undisputed leader in talent recruitment for all areas of fashion, home, retail, beauty and marketing and creative services. We provide top tier talent for some of the world's best known brands and companies. 24 Seven is currently looking for a UxD (User Experience Designer) for our downtown Seattle client. We are seeking a talented UX Designer with mobile, handheld devices, touch screen or kiosk experience and a keen eye for design/UI. Must have a background in design, industrial, graphic, interactive or architectural.
Create storyboards, wireframes, workflows, prototypes, and requirements that effectively communicate the information design and interaction design
Create UI designs within mobile frameworks
Collaborate with visual designers, content strategists and engineering teams to implement your designs
Desired Experience & Qualifications:
1-3 years working as an interaction designer or information architect for mobile/handheld/kiosk devices, web or software applications
Good understanding of the fundamentals of user interface design; should have some experience working through the entire product life cycle and be familiar with user-centered design methods
Relevant experience including strong interaction and visual design, as well as information architecture
Prior work designing for small-screen and mobile devices a plus
Category: Design - Other
Brighter Planet is deep into the development of a super slick web platform that will make it easier for anyone to become an environmentalist.
We’re looking for a Community Manager who will help develop, engage and nurture our tribe.
What you’ll do:
• Blog about what’s happening at Brighter Planet, including developments with our web platform, company events, initiatives from our allies, etc.
• Solicit, evaluate, and respond to customer feedback.
• Develop and foster relationships on all appropriate social media channels.
• Write key content for our site, ensuring it maintains the right voice.
• Foster our company’s values of transparency, authentic communication and social change.
Who you are:
• You have a blog, post several times/week, and receive 20+ comments/post.
• You love Twitter. You have >200 followers. You know the difference between @ and #.
• You’ve met some of your best friends online, some of whom you’ve never met IRL.
• You’re a brilliant writer, conversational by nature.
• You believe the Internet is a series of tubes.
Huge bonus if:
• You’re passionate and well versed about the environment.
• You’re already influential in the climate change movement.
Author: Brighter Planet
Category: Advertisment - Other