FREELANCE INTERACTION DESIGNER
The Designory Inc. is a strategic marketing communications firm located in Long Beach, California that utilizes both offline and online design in a creative approach to brand building for our clients.
The Interaction Designer/IA will have an extensive applied experience in information architecture and usability as well as excellent information design ability. The ID/IA will translate client objectives and consumer needs into requirements and, eventually, UI design, IAs, wireframes and functional specifications.
The Interaction Designer/IA candidate must have:
• Significant experience in designing large-scale, application and/or process driven web sites and interactive applications as well has having strong follow through with complex projects.
• Ability to develop compelling concepts that support engaging user experiences. This role will be equally involved in IA and information design.
• Ability to apply master documentation guidelines to specific communication pieces as well as review and internalize master documentation for the program.
• 4+ years working as an information architect including experience designing organization, navigation, and search for large, complex website applications
• In-depth understanding and experience with user-centered design processes
• Proficient in established software tools: Word, Excel, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign, Powerpoint, Visio
• Automotive experience a plus
This position will be 40 hours a week and will be ONSITE in Long Beach, CA. Please include desired hourly freelance rate in body of email and use subject ‛Freelance Interaction Designer/IA“.