FREELANCE EDITOR NEEDED FOR SEO ARTICLE WRITING
Echo Prospects is looking for a responsible contract editor to copyedit and proofread articles on a variety of topics including travel, education, investing, and many others for its «old link» service. The editor will also be responsible for reviewing the work of other editors as needed. The editor will work a variable amount per week depending on our workload; typically this is between 15-30 hours. Remote work is supported. This is a work-from-home job.
• Write, copy-edit, and coordinate a scheduled workload with other contract editors and Project Managers to complete/proofread website and blog articles varying in length from 250-500 words
• Proactive approach to editing website content - improve upon the language and ideas in an article to create a logical flow and structure
• Conduct research based on our clients' content-needs to create article job descriptions
• Modify keyword density in articles; knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) is a plus
• Optimize article language, titles, descriptions, and meta-descriptions
• Current top-tier college grad with a Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, History, or a related area
• Impeccable writing and editing skills (punctuation, grammar, etc)
• Detail-oriented approach to ensuring our content is fresh, up-to-date, and accurate
• Knowledge of British and American English
• Organized, creative, reliable team player
• Ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Prior writing and editing experience is a plus (ex. school newspaper, freelance writing)
Send a cover letter in the body of an email and attach a current resume.