P/T EDITOR FOR ASTROLOGY WEBSITE
Editor will be responsible for editing and publishing one guest blog post per week in the Sex & Relationships category. She will actively recruit new guest bloggers, work with current guest bloggers, and look for quality content on other blogs that can be republished with permission. Editor will (1) edit posts for web readability using best practices (subheaders, bolds, short paragraphs); (2) add an enticing photo through legal means (Flickr Creative Commons or a reasonably-priced iStockPhoto image paid thru Sasstrology's account).
* Familiarity with WordPress and prior experience blogging
* Excellent writing and editing ability, plus a keen editorial eye for the type of content that will appeal to our readers (resulting in increased pageviews, comments, social media traction, sharing, etc.)
* Advanced knowledge of modern Western astrology. You don’t need to be a professional astrologer, but you need to be familiar with signs, planets, goddess asteroids, houses, aspects, and synastry.
* Can adapt to the sensibility of «old link»
* Pay is $25/hour and max monthly pay will be no higher than $200 (for now). This is a contractor position; you will be paid at the beginning of each month via PayPal.
Send an email to email@example.com with ‛P/T Editor (Astrology)“ in the Subject line. (1) Include links to at least two original blog posts or articles that you have written and that have not passed through an editor before publication. (2) Attach an image file of your natal chart (jpg, gif, png). Write one paragraph explaining in astrological terms why you are an excellent candidate for this position.
If you are considered a contender for this position, you may be asked to edit a sample blog post and find an accompanying photo.