HEALTH NEWS WRITER
Psych Central -- the Internet's leading mental health network -- is looking for a dynamic individual who can help contribute to our news team and other parts of our site as a part-time Health News Writer. We're looking for an independent individual who can self-publish timely, relevant news stories to "fill in the gaps" of our regular, daily news coverage of psychology and mental health issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Monitor developing mental health news stories
• Write additional news articles as needed, 7 days/week (avg. 7-10/stories per week)
• Add relevant internal links to your news articles
• Coordinate with partners on featured news articles to publish
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• College degree or actively working toward one
• Must have prior experience using Wordpress version 2.9.x and higher
• Must have prior experience with online writing or publishing
• Must possess excellent writing skills, with demonstrated writing ability
• Must be computer literate and Internet/search engine savvy
• Good proofreading and editing skills
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
This is a part-time position paid per news item written.
The ideal candidate understands that this is a great position for someone who has a flexible schedule and can work reliably on a daily basis.
You should be self-managing, responsible, and be someone that can work largely on your own with minimal direction and supervision. You must have the ability to write new news stories on your own, 7 days a week.
This is a work-at-home position only. You must be a U.S. resident to apply.